Session: Tuesday, June 13, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Today’s tight pathology job market presents a distinct opportunity for improvement and growth within laboratories. Lab leadership should use this time to identify their path to success and chart the course to achieve it. Those who do will find themselves in a strategically advantageous position both today, and down the road when the market adjusts.
Charting such a path should include the following aims:
- Establish a positive culture that is unique to your lab, your location and your employees
- Course-correct salary imbalances for stronger retention and recruiting
- Succession plan to eliminate unnecessary interim expenses
- Adopt a recruiting strategy that keeps you highly competitive, yet self-aware for the best outcomes
- Possible industry investments such as digital pathology and AI
- Make your practice attractive to the right people
- Flexibility. Each battle changes the battle plan. No plan should be so firmly set that you cannot adjust for success.
Overall, today’s market is a call for G2 audiences to:
- Establish a plan
- Execute the plan
- Constantly adjust the plan as needed to hit the objectives
Founder and President, Santé Consulting
Rich Cornell is the founder and president of Santé Consulting, a national laboratory medicine recruitment and consulting company. Prior to forming Santé, Rich was managing partner of PracticeMatch Services, the nation’s leading healthcare recruitment resource provider. Rich brings more than three decades of healthcare recruiting and consulting to the industry. He is a nationally recognized speaker on topics ranging from pathology candidate recruitment and retention, recruiting firm management, and pathologist compensation. Rich has published numerous articles on the “art of recruiting” and co-authored and published The Opportunity Search Guide, a useful guide and workbook for physicians entering the job market.
Note: You only need to register once to be signed up for all six June 2023 Lab Institute talks.