This website and its affiliated micro-sites are owned and published by G2 Intelligence.
- Your Personal Information and How We Collect It
- Your Person Information and How We May Use It
- Your Personal Information and How We May Share It
- Your Personal Information and How You Share It
- How You Can Access, Update or Limit Your Personal Information
- Your Use of Others’ Information
- Your Use of the G2 Intelligence Communication Tools
- How We Can Make Changes to This Policy
- How You Can Contact Us About This Policy
Your Personal Information and How We Collect It
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide to us through our websites and to affiliated micro-sites that are owned and operated by G2 Intelligence. We collect your information when you register for an account, purchase a product, submit and inquiry, subscribe to a newsletter or email, download digital materials, sign-up for a webinar or otherwise communicate with us through our websites.
The data we collect from you can include personal information. Personal information is data that can be used to identify an individual (such as first and last name, e-mail address, address, telephone number etc.). Furthermore, to ensure that you have a genuine interest in our content, products and services, we may also ask for work-related information such as your job title, your company name, technologies you use, your area of work or industry, the type of business you work for or own, and your scientific interests. We do this to ensure that we are providing you with information that is relevant to you and your field of study or work. At no point will we ask for any “sensitive” information such as religious beliefs, political affiliation, racial or ethnic origin or any other information that does not pertain to your activity or interest in the sciences.
G2 Intelligence may also collect the following information from you based on your interaction with our website:
- Registration: When you registered at G2 Intelligence, we required that you provide us with certain information in exchange for the services that we provide to you. The information requested was necessary in order to protect the integrity of the G2 Intelligence system, to identify who uses our system, to provide you with a customized experience, and to reduce any instances of fraudulent activity.
- Ad Submission: When you submit a classified advertisement to the G2 Intelligence system, we identify the ad as yours and record the information and images you submit with the advertisement. We record any changes you make to the ad and keep all changes on file. We also record the statistics associated with the advertisement such as (but not limited to) hits, views, inquiries, and fees.
- Payment System: If you provide payment to G2 Intelligence for G2 Intelligence services, G2 Intelligence will record specific information to help validate the payment request. If you pay by credit card, we will not record the credit card number you use. We will record the addressing information on the credit card as well as the approval or non-approval codes sent back from our credit card processor. If you pay by bank check or money order, we will retain a copy of your payment instrument for our records for a period of up to three years.
- Other Correspondence: If you send personal correspondence, such as e-mail, letters, documents, or if third parties send us correspondence about your activities which pertain to the G2 Intelligence website, we may collect this information in your G2 Intelligence file.
Information We Collect
To optimize our website, match content to your needs and deliver a more personalized user experience, G2 Intelligence also automatically collects information regarding your use of our websites. When visiting our brands online, we log information about your visit and also use tracking mechanisms such as cookies, pixels and scripts to collect information about your interaction with our websites or emails. These can be used to provide you with additional information that is relevant to your work or scientific areas of interest.
Cookies are digital text files placed on your computer. Using cookies is a common practice. We may place cookies on your computer to allow us to recognize you on our websites when you visit us, to measure online traffic, to present you with relevant products or services, or to customize your experience. We use session cookies to make navigating our website easier, and they expire when you close your browser. Additionally, tracking cookies are used to help us understand how you use our websites, they enhance your user experience, and they remain on your computer or device for an extended period of time.
Your browser may include settings that allow you to block cookies or be notified when cookies are being used. Please be aware that if you block or remove cookies, certain features and functions of our websites may be unavailable or may not operate optimally.
Pixels are small graphic images placed in web pages and e-mail messages. They may be used to count the number of visitors to our websites, to monitor how users navigate our websites, or to verify how many articles or links were viewed.
Scripts are used to collect information about your interactions with our websites. They are temporarily downloaded on your computer from our server, or the server of a third-party we work with. They are active while you are connected to our websites, and are deleted or deactivated thereafter. We do not install or download any software to your computer as part of your user experience.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect or purchase information from other scientific industry sources, such as scientific organizations, research conferences, academic institutions, scientific directories, etc. Your personal information is only collected and stored in our databases if it is publicly available and there is a clear link between your area of work and the content, products, and services we offer.We may also combine this information with information we have already collected about you in order to understand your needs better and provide you with a better user experience.
Known Canadian residents may be contacted if they have provided their personal information through our websites, affiliated micro-sites, over the phone or at an event or conference where they have expressed consent to be contacted by G2 Intelligence and its affiliated brands.
Canadian residents may be contacted, as allowed by law, if they have met one or more of the following conditions of implied consent: having an existing business relationship (EBR) based on a previous commercial transaction with the recipient; or having an existing non-business relationship based on, for example, membership in your club, or if the recipient participated as a volunteer for your charitable organization; persons who make their email address publicly available by publishing it on a website may be contacted if it is not accompanied by a statement indicating they do not want to receive commercial electronic messages at that address. If the statement is not present, the message must relate to the recipient’s business role, functions or duties in an official or business capacity. For more information about Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation, please click here.
Your Personal Information and How We May Use it
The personal information gathered about you is used for a variety of purposes. The first is to build up a demographic profile of our subscribers, allowing us to better match our content and services to your interests. Obviously, the more accurate the information you provide, the better we can do this. For this reason, we encourage you to regularly update your profile to provide us with the most accurate information possible.
In addition, we may use your personal information for other purposes that include:
- Facilitating, managing, personalizing and improving your online experience;
- Aggregating and providing summarized data concerning your bidding activities, purchases, requests, and classified ad submissions for your use;
- Providing you with a summary of the G2 Intelligence site activity (if you have so requested)
- Responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer service, sending you informational notices, and contacting you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Managing your online account(s), including purchases, orders, payments, returns, and exchanges;
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages;
- Communicating with you about products, services, offers, promotions, coupons, newsletters, events and providing information we think will be of interest to you;
- Conducting research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys about current services or of potential new products and services;
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm; and
- Sending you advertisements and communicating with you regarding services, products, and events we think may interest you
Your Personal Information and How We May Share it
Information Shared With Our Service Providers
We may disclose your information to other companies to ensure the smooth provision of products and services that you have purchased or requested from us. If you have made a purchase or request with us your data will be principally used to provide you with your purchase or request as well as your registration or other services and facilities. This includes third-party service providers that assist us with processing credit card payments, webinar platforms that host our online events or customer relationship management applications where we house your information. These service providers are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose(s) than to provide the services we have contracted them to perform.
Information Shared Within Our Group
Your details may also be shared within the G2 Intelligence group and the brands in our parent company, LabX Media Group to complete your profile. Please click here for a list of LabX Media Group websites. Through explicit consent these companies may use your details to send you information about products, promotions and special offers that we think may interest you.
Information Shared With third-party Advertisers and Sponsors
Your personal information is also used in our dealings with the third-parties with whom we work. The cooperation of the companies that supply us with content and services and the revenue derived from advertising and sponsorship allow us to keep access to our sites free of charge. To provide incentives for these third-parties to continue working with us, G2 Intelligence does share some information about our visitors, as detailed below.
We may monitor the activity of visitors accessing the site and share data about this activity with publishers and advertisers. If your company, job title, areas of work, technologies used, type of business or scientific areas of interest are a match for the types of products or services offered by a third-party company, your personal data can be used to share product, service & event offers from a third-party company. If you participate or engage with an offer through our websites or emails, we may share your personal information with the associated third-party. Our aim is to provide you with information on the latest tools and technology that are relevant to your scientific field of study and to provide you with information on the latest innovations in scientific research and manufacturing. If you show interest in particular web pages or materials on our website, we may communicate with you about sponsored content related to your visits to help promote scientific products and services on behalf of our third-party suppliers and vendors. Finally, we may provide your information to our third-party advertisers and sponsors for them to contact you directly when you have clearly engaged with content related to their products or promotions. This information is only provided to them when we have determined that you have shown a legitimate interest in their products or services by engaging with their content on our website or emails.
You can opt-out of receiving communications from our third-party advertisers and sponsors by going to our unsubscribe page and unchecking the box for third-party sponsors and advertisers. We also attempt to contact our subscribers on a regular basis via email to give them the opportunity to opt-out of third-party communications to ensure they are given the choice to review their subscription preferences.
Other Reasons We May Share Your Information
Other times we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information collected on this Site are as follows:
- In the event of an asset sale, merger, consolidation, restructuring, reorganization, liquidation or other similar transaction involving G2 Intelligence or this Site, we may transfer some or all User information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the successor company.
- We will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information when we believe such disclosure is required by law or for the protection of persons or property.
- We may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information with your consent, as well as when disclosure is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which you provide it. For example, when you request information from advertisers in the ‘XMail’ or ‘Request Information’ section of our website, we will disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to the advertisers you specify or ones best suited to your request.
The information that you provide to us in addition to the information that we gather about your activities on our site may also be disclosed as follows:
- G2 Intelligence Classified Ads. The advertiser has the option whether or not he wishes to include his name and/or phone number. We recommend that you do not include your e-mail address in the body of your ad as this encourages unsolicited “spam” messages.
Your Personal Information and How You Share It
Our websites may include features, such as message boards or comment sections, that allow you to freely submit your personal information that can be viewed by others. We and others can store, display, reproduce, publish, distribute, or otherwise use such information in any format, and there is no guarantee that we will attribute the content to you. Keep in mind that if you post information on our websites, others can access and share that information with third-parties as well.
How You Can Access, Update or Limit Your Personal Information
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
Individual eNewsletters, email communications and third-party communications can be immediately unsubscribed from by clicking an unsubscribe link within them. Please note that your opt-out will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications from us, such as administrative and service announcements. If you require further assistance updating your details please contact us.
You are also entitled to be informed about all the information G2 Intelligence collects about you. You are entitled to receive and review the information. You may also request to have G2 Intelligence change information about you that is held by us and that is incorrect.
Limiting Collection of Your Personal Information
Cookies can be disabled or removed using tools available as part of most commercial browsers. In some instances, a browser may include settings that allow you to block cookies from being placed on your hard drive. Be aware that if you disable or remove cookies and similar technologies, some parts of our websites may not work properly. Also, if you revisit our websites from a different computer or browser, you may not be able to limit browser-based tracking technologies in the same way.
Our websites use third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use our websites. To learn more about opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics, click here.
Your Use of Others’ Information
While using the G2 Intelligence system, you agree to respect the personal information which is provided to you by the G2 Intelligence system. It is a violation of this policy to use any information gained by the use of the G2 Intelligence system against the interests of G2 Intelligence. In addition, it is against this policy for a user to sell or otherwise profit from third-party use of personal information obtained through the normal course of business while using the G2 Intelligence system.
Your Use of the G2 Intelligence Communication Tools
You may not use any G2 Intelligence communication tool to send spam, harassing messages, or any other content which would violate this policy or the G2 Intelligence User Agreement. The G2 Intelligence Communication tools have been created to help facilitate the exchange of used and surplus scientific equipment on the G2 Intelligence system. Any use contrary to this end is prohibited by G2 Intelligence and will result in the suspension of these G2 Intelligence privileges.
How We Can Make Changes to This Policy
How You Can Contact Us About This Policy
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail at G2 Intelligence
1000 N West Street, Suite 1200
Wilmington, Delaware, 19801
Representative for data subjects in the EU and UK
We value your privacy and your rights as a data subject and have therefore appointed Prighter Group with its local partners as our privacy representative and your point of contact.
Prighter gives you an easy way to exercise your privacy-related rights (e.g. requests to access or erase personal data). If you want to contact us via our representative, Prighter or make use of your data subject rights, please visit the following website.
For our GDPR article 27 representative within the EU please contact:
Maetzler Rechtsanwalts GmbH & Co KG
Schellinggasse 3/10, 1010 Vienna
Updated June, 2023