By Kelly A. Briganti, Editorial Director, G2 Intelligence
The OIG released its Semiannual Report to Congress detailing its program integrity and oversight activities for the second half of the 2015 fiscal year (April to September) and highlighting its achievements—most notably its significant recoveries from investigations.
Some highlights from the report:
- 4,112 individuals and entities were excluded from participating in federal health care programs
- More than $3.35 billion recovered ($1.13 from audits and $2.22 from investigations)
- Strike Force initiatives resulted in 232 charges filed against individuals and entities, 225 criminal actions and $357.8 million in investigation receivables. Strike Force criminal actions are down slightly from 2014 (232 criminal actions) and 2013 (251 actions).
- From April to September, 378 criminal and 347 civil actions reported against individuals and entities for health care related offenses
- $756.9 million in investigation receivables owed Health and Human Services.
- OIG hotline received 57,636 calls resulting in a total of 17,816 complaints being evaluated.
The OIG’s semiannual report is available on the OIG Website.