Tuesday, March 7, 2023
1:00 PM EST
Amazingly, we are at the beginning of another year. Thus, it is imperative that healthcare professionals examine their chargemasters and fee schedules and implement needed coding, units of service, and charge changes to accommodate billing in 2023. This is part of the revenue cycle process and is critical for proper billing and reimbursement compliance. In addition, ever-evolving coverage policies and changes to how Medicare and other payers reimburse laboratory medicine present coverage changes due to coding updates. This presentation addresses annual billing changes and critical developments currently facing laboratory medicine.
- List and discuss clinical laboratory procedural coding changes for 2023
- List and discuss anatomic pathology procedural coding changes for 2023
- Identify proposed changes in government reimbursement
- Discuss pertinent policies and issues affecting coverage
- As time allows, delve into additional topics of interest or concern